Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Twins

Here are two really cute nightstands, both hand painted with a custom made color by mixing white with a hint of grey, their tops have been striped and stained with dark walnut by Minwax as a base coat and then topped with two coats of weathered grey by Varathane, as top stain.  I love how the stain came out, and I will try it again on another piece without using a undercoat first.  I did wax their bodies with Annie Sloan clear wax for protection and both tops got three coats of water base poly by Varathane, (my new poly) I found that this stain does not turn yellow.  I left their original handles, but painted them with Oil Rubbed Bronze spray can and then used just a hint of silver leaf Rub 'n Buff magic on them.

Here is a before....


and after....


(Some day I will get a good camera...sorry for the I-Pad photos)

Participated at:

Furniture Feature Fridays

The Humble Brag Link Party

No comments:

Post a Comment