Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Keeper



I'm so picky when it comes to picking my own pieces. it has to be unique, something you don't see often... I've been searching for a cabinet/ bookcase for such a long time. I mean lonngggg time. They're either very plain and cheap, or omg gorgeous but expensive!! I'm not gonna lie, I'm more on the cheapo side. So after a long time of searching for nothing, I kinda forgot about it.... Until recently I found this! I went to an estate sale specifically for her (and other things)! luckily no one grabbed her before me.







I didn't want to paint her. She was just on the tired side, her wood was dried out and was orange! I didn't have to do any prepping, just got straight to staining. I did stain her Kona thinking the orange tones would make it be more of a dark walnut, but it turned out even better, very dark with red undertones.. Just how I like it!




She's now home to many of the lovely finds I've kept throughout countless pickings.





I need to invest In a better lens! This ones not so great.





Thanks for looking!

Kyra

Follow on instagram@chateaurevivals






It's Overflowing



DIY Show Off

Read more at http://diyshowoff.com/buttons/#hdVG2B0YSm2qSGuI.99


A Bowl Full of Lemons







Mod Vintage Life

Elizabeth and Co.

13 comments:

  1. That is such a gorgeous piece of furniture with great lines! I definitely would have gone the stain route, also!

    Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy am I envious of you finding that piece, it's absolutely gorgeous. Glad you stained it to keep the wood look and enriched it. You found yourself a fantastic piece. Love all your picks also. I'll never have a perfect or clutter free house, I love me my pretties, need to be able to look at them. If we're gonna be stuck at home all the time I want to be able to look at my pretties, lol.
    You did a beautiful job making that piece look new again, it's really worth the trouble. Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous find and you have it displayed so beautifully too. Fabulous storage. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that will be live this afternoon at 2:30 PT. www.astrollthrulife.net Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous FIND my new friend... I found you on someones BLOGS that they follow.. I said HMMM lemme take a look SEE and sooooooo glad that I did . LOVE your blog and cant wait to follow along on this journey.. VISIT me too sister at The Rusty Pearl . HUGS and have a blessed week . I will be back

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just now wanted to thank you again for this amazing web page you have produced here. It is full of useful tips for those who are really interested in that subject, in particular this very post. You really are all amazingly sweet along with thoughtful of others in addition to the fact that reading the blog posts is a wonderful delight in my experience. And what a generous treat! Ben and I really have pleasure making use of your recommendations in what we need to do in a months time. Our list is a mile long so your tips are going to be put to excellent use. call card
    Im honored to obtain a call coming from a friend when he uncovered the important suggestions shared on your site.
    I just now wanted to thank you again for this amazing web page you have produced here. It is full of useful tips for those who are really interested in that subject, in particular this very post. You really are all amazingly sweet along with thoughtful of others in addition to the fact that reading the blog posts is a wonderful delight in my experience. And what a generous treat! Ben and I really have pleasure making use of your recommendations in what we need to do in a months time. Our list is a mile long so your tips are going to be put to excellent use. call card
    Im honored to obtain a call coming from a friend when he uncovered the important suggestions shared on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Nice site thanks for sharing. Would it be okay to contact you through your email? Please email me back.
    Thanks!
    Randy
    randydavis387 gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. very , very beautiful home.. your home has a welcoming vive.. I would love to visit...
    please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    I'm following you.. will you please follow me back?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have many hobbies. I love to travel and read. But my favorite hobby is cooking. Let me tell you why! First, I'll tell you a little bit about why I started cooking. Secondly, I'll give you some information about what I like to cook. Third, I will say how I use the Blog ẩm thực for cooking.

    When I started cooking, I was 10 years old. My mom wants me to be a chef. She has always believed that girls have to make different types of food, because one day they will get married. In my country, it is normal for girls not to cook. I feel lucky because I can cook many dishes. Now that I cook some of the dishes my children and husband love, I become happy and proud of my mother and myself. Foody

    ReplyDelete