Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tall Antique Dresser Redo


Finally... After months just sitting there I have decided to work on this poor thing. It was barely clinging on to life!I mean look at it!
 
The sad before... Who would do that to the drawer! It was cut in half and made into two drawers.. and the top with the pretty detail sadly could not be saved! I didn't even get a chance to take a picture of the drawers inside.... the bottom was split in half and All of them were like that! and this poor dresser was covered in layers of paint...type of paint that would still stick no matter what you put on it. The legs were split as well, the whole thing was wobbly! this thing had problems!

And after i fixed those problems....

THE AFTER! 

I decided to paint her blue with a medium tint of grey. I then glazed with a tint of black.  The top and the side panels are stained with a dark walnut/ Kona mix and then sealed with a water based poly. 
And of corse, the two top knobs are from Hobby Lobby and the handles are from a miscellaneous stash of handles and knobs. 

I think it came out quite lovely from the previous state is was in!









Thank you for looking!



Kyra


Participated in:












 






Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Furniture Feature Fridays


3 comments:

  1. ! I am amazed at the transformation! It turned out so beautiful! Great job.
    We are your newest members. Just sorry it took so long.

    Have a beautiful evening.

    Linda (and Jeannie) at the French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing transformation indeed! Love her new look!

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done. Thanks for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday this week.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email