Another dresser re-do! This little number was such an ugly duckling before. It had a heavy coat of the ugliest shade of pink when I got it.. No wonder why no one wanted it. but when I was offered to buy it 90% off the regular price it had....I couldn't say no!
So here she is... The before! She was very dusty and old! and the drawers were lined with newspaper dated back to the 40's... house listings!
Since the dresser had a very thick coat of pink, i had to strip the whole thing. It was not easy. I applied stripping gel, let it sit for about ten minutes and then got to work!
After 2 days of scrapping.. And sanding..
She looked like this.( If you can tell, I already stained the top and painted half the body.)
and I finally found use for the original knobs from the dresser I redid here.
And finally the after!
The body is painted a custom light grey color and the drawers are stained dark walnut/jacobean along with the top. I finished the drawers and top with a semi-gloss poly. and the knobs i decided to paint them white finished with dark wax.
Not a bad makeover in my opinion. She looks totally different and is ready for a new home!
Priced at $200.
Thanks for looking!
ps. I know I gotta work on staging the pieces better.